Tax Year 2019 Announcements
Maryland's 2019 Tax Form DRAFTS will be available on the FTA State Exchange System (SES). If you have not already done so, take time to read through Administrative Release 26. To reproduce Maryland Tax Forms complete and submit the Letter of Intent (LOI) available on the SES.
The Sales and Use Tax coupons from October through June 2020 are available on SES. Maryland General Assembly's adoption of House Bill 1301 (Acts of 2019) entitled Taxation of Online Sales ‑ Marketplace Facilitators and Sellers of Other Tobacco Products. The bill is cross-filed with Senate Bill 728 (Acts of 2019). The bill is available to read online at, http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2019RS/bills/hb/hb1301E.pdf. The revisions due to the above bill are reflected in the new Sales and Use Tax Returns.
What's New for 2019!
- A new checkbox on the Form 502 has been added for taxpayers to indicate they are claiming the Maryland Earned Income Credit, but do not qualify for the federal Earned Income Credit.
- The Form 502 includes a new section on Maryland Health Care Coverage for individuals to indicate whether an individual is interested in obtaining minimum essential health coverage. For purposes of determining health care coverage eligibility, the Form 502B contains new check-boxes and date of birth fields
- Local Tax Income Tax Rate Change: Anne Arundel County's tax rate increased from 2.5% in 2019 to 2.81% in 2020. Washington County's tax rate increased from 2.8% in 2019 to 3.2% in 2020. Worcester County's tax rate increased from 1.75% 2019 to 2.25% in 2020. The special nonresident income tax rate has increased from 1.75% in 2019 to 2.25% in 2020.
- Senate Bill 870, Acts of 2019: The bill increases the maximum income limits on eligibility for the Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit and makes the credit refundable.
*Note: Form 502DEP, Personal Declaration of Estimated Income Tax has NOT been discontinued
- The Forms will be available on the SES
- We are no longer using the Vendor Contact Sheet, complete the LOI on the SES.
- The footer of each form must contain the vendor's creation/revision date.
- The subject line of ALL emails must contain your Maryland Vendor number and the form number(s) you are inquiring about.
Other Important Information for Software Vendors
Please see the list of approved eFile software vendors for individuals and businesses.