We will accomplish our goal of ensuring tax compliance by developing unbiased audit programs for taxes and fees; educating taxpayers on the requirements of the revenue laws; and assisting taxpayers with the payment of their outstanding tax liabilities. This section will assist with your desire to stay compliant with the State of Maryland. In addition, if you are currently receiving notices from the State regarding taxes, we can help get to the bottom of the problem, and get you into compliance.
- Why do I Owe? Let us help resolve your compliance or collections problem. Learn about reasons why we think you owe us taxes, how we discover the information, what types of notices we send, and what to do about it.
- What Happens if I Don't Pay? Learn about the actions the Comptroller of Maryland can take if you have missed, delinquent or late payments, if you don't pay your tax liability, or if you fail to follow through on arrangements you have made and what you can do to resolve the problem.
- Pay It! You can pay your tax liabilities in one of several ways, request a payment arrangement or payment plan, and adjust your withholding to make sure your employer deducts enough from your paychecks.
- Dispute It! Don't agree with our assessment or adjustments? Dispute it with an appeal.
- Get Help! Confused? Frustrated? We can help! Know your rights. Find helpful resources, forms, assistance programs, contact information and directions to our offices.