Comptroller of Maryland. Serving the People. Peter Franchot, Comptroller
Maryland Taxes
Maryland Taxes: Find all tax-related information and services. Maryland's Money: Resource for transparent financial reporting. Comptroller of Maryland: Information and resources for government agencies, state employees, vendors, and the general public. Media Services: Outlet for agency and Comptroller news. Online Services: Links to all agency online services and applications. Search Engine: Find it Fast! Translate the website to many languages Home Page

Filing Information for Sole Proprietorships

For federal purposes sole proprietors file Schedule C-EZ, Profit or loss from Business with their personal tax return Form 1040. Sole proprietor farmers file Schedule F, Profit or Loss from Farming. If you are a sole proprietor in Maryland you would file the same as an individual using Form 502. Your net profit or less is combined on the return with your other income and deductions and taxed using individual tax rates.

Sole proprietors generally do not have taxes withheld from their income so they usually make quarterly estimated tax payments. The Maryland form to submit quarterly estimated tax payments is Form 502D.

Filing information for sole proprietors may be found under Sole Proprietorships or in the Filing Information section under Individuals Income Tax section. For federal information on sole proprietors see IRS web site.

Links for Sole Proprietorships
Business Tax Types
Income Tax
Filing Information
Sole Proprietorships
Download for Adobe Reader Homepage