In order to view .PDF files you need a .PDF reader supported by your devices operating system.
PDF for Windows
If you do not already have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer, you will need to do so in order to view tax forms, instruction guides, and other .PDF files on our Web sites.
Occasionally, .PDF files such as tax forms, worksheets, and instructions may not open automatically in your Internet browser. If you encounter this problem, you must first download and save the file to your computer before viewing it. Upon saving the file to your hard drive, you may view the file by opening it with the Adobe Acrobat Reader software.
PDF for Safari on Mac
Use the newest Safari Version: Visit http://support.apple.com/downloads/#safari
Using the Safari Built in Viewer: using Safari version 5.1.X or higher, and you get a blank screen on your Mac when you try to open .PDFs in Safari, you need to install Adobe plug-ins installed that are older than version 10.1.3. To do so:
- Backup your Mac
- Press and hold COMMAND + TAB to bring up your Mac’s application switcher,
- Click TAB key, while still holding down the COMMAND key, until the selector lands on "Finder"
- Release the COMMAND and TAB keys.
- Click on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen.
- Select “Go to folder…”
- Copy and paste the folder “path” into the pop-up window: "/Library/Internet Plug-ins". A new folder window will open, showing a list of all the browser plug-ins installed. You should see one, or more files with, “AdobePDFViewer.” Sort alphabetically if you need to.
- Drag the old Adobe plug-ins into the Trash
- Quit and restart Safari
- Try opening a PDF in Safari again—and yes, it should work, using Safari’s own “native” PDF reader.
Using the newest Adobe PDF Viewer Plug-in in Safari:
Tax Forms Containing 2-D Barcodes
Adobe Reader for Mobile (Android, iPhone, iPad)
For information about Adobe Reader on mobile platforms, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/reader-mobile.html
General Instructions for downloading .PDF Files
The following instructions explain how to download a file from our Web site and view it using ADOBE Acrobat Reader.
- Position your mouse pointer over the form you wish to download.
- Right-click on the link (press the right button on your mouse).
- Select "Save target as..." or "Save link as..." from the drop-down menu.
- In the "Save as..." window, select the location on your computer where you want to store the file, and click "OK".
- The download should start. Once it is complete, open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader.