What should I remember about license renewals?
The state and local agencies listed below must verify that an applicant renewing a license has paid all states taxes due - or made a satisfactory payment arrangement - before the license can be renewed:
- Comptroller of Maryland
- Clerks of the Circuit Court
- Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
- Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Motor Vehicles Administration (excluding driverís licenses and vehicle registration renewals)
- Department of Natural Resources
- Department of the Environment
If you hold a license issued by one of these agencies, you should file any necessary tax returns and pay all taxes due without delay. If you wait until license renewal time to resolve a tax liability, your renewal may be delayed.