Comptroller of Maryland
Maryland Taxes
Maryland Taxes: Find all tax-related information and services. Maryland's Money: Resource for transparent financial reporting. Comptroller of Maryland: Information and resources for government agencies, state employees, vendors, and the general public. Media Services: Outlet for agency and Comptroller news. Online Services: Links to all agency online services and applications. Search Engine: Find it Fast! Translate the website to many languages Home Page

Federal Government Retirees

As a federal government retiree, you can have state tax withheld from your pension.

The U.S. Office of Personnel Management provides an online service for retirees to begin, change or stop the withholding of Maryland income taxes from your annuity.

You can also obtain tax withholding assistance from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management by telephone at 1-888-767-6738 or by e-mail at

Be sure to have your CSA or CSF retirement claim number handy - and your Social Security number - when contacting the office.

Links for If You Are a Senior Citizen
Individual Tax Types
Income Tax
Filing Information
If You Are a Senior Citizen
  Seniors and Retirees FAQs
  Filing Requirements for Seniors
  Additional Personal Exemptions
  Federal Government Retirees
  Maryland Pension Exclusion
  Military Retirement Income
  Two-Income Couples
  Social Security or Railroad Retirement Benefits Exemption
  Power of Attorney
  Tax Assistance for Seniors
Download for Adobe Reader Homepage