Comptroller of Maryland
Maryland Taxes
Maryland Taxes: Find all tax-related information and services. Maryland's Money: Resource for transparent financial reporting. Comptroller of Maryland: Information and resources for government agencies, state employees, vendors, and the general public. Media Services: Outlet for agency and Comptroller news. Online Services: Links to all agency online services and applications. Search Engine: Find it Fast! Translate the website to many languages Home Page

Change Your Residence

To change your legal residence as a member of the military, you must:

  • Intend to establish new residence in a specific jurisdiction.
  • Remove yourself from the previously held jurisdiction.
  • Establish a new, permanent place of abode in the new jurisdiction.
  • Complete Form DD 2058 State of Legal Residence Certificate.
  • Contact your legal officer.

Links for If You Are Military Personnel
Individual Tax Types
Income Tax
Filing Information
If You Are Military Personnel
  Determine Residency Status for Military Personnel
  Military Maryland Residents
  Military Nonresidents
  Civilian Spouse Employed in Maryland
  Filing Extension for Military Serving in a Combat Zone
  Overseas Pay Subtraction
  Military Retirement Income
  Change Your Residence
  Power of Attorney
  Veterans Organizations
Download for Adobe Reader Homepage