Comptroller of Maryland. Serving the People. Peter Franchot, Comptroller
Maryland Taxes
Maryland Taxes: Find all tax-related information and services. Maryland's Money: Resource for transparent financial reporting. Comptroller of Maryland: Information and resources for government agencies, state employees, vendors, and the general public. Media Services: Outlet for agency and Comptroller news. Online Services: Links to all agency online services and applications. Search Engine: Find it Fast! Translate the website to many languages Home Page

Claiming a Refund for Overpaid Production Activity Taxes

If you overpaid the tax on any production activity purchases, you may apply for a refund within four years from the date of payment of the tax by completing Form ST205.

Mail the completed Form ST205 to:

Comptroller of Maryland
Compliance Division
301 West Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201-2383

For assistance or information on filing refund claims, call 410-767-1530 or 410 767-1538 within the Baltimore area or 1-800-492-1752 from elsewhere in Maryland, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 EDT.

Links for Production Exemptions
Business Tax Types
Sales and Use Tax
Filing Information
Tax Exemptions
Production Exemptions
  Production Activities
  Exempt Equipment
  Exempt Production Activity Items
  Utilities and Fuel Exemptions
  Special Provisions for Printers
  Claiming Production Exemptions
  Claiming a Refund for Overpaid Taxes
  Purchases for Research and Development
Download for Adobe Reader Homepage