Comptroller of Maryland. Serving the People. Peter Franchot, Comptroller
Maryland Taxes
Maryland Taxes: Find all tax-related information and services. Maryland's Money: Resource for transparent financial reporting. Comptroller of Maryland: Information and resources for government agencies, state employees, vendors, and the general public. Media Services: Outlet for agency and Comptroller news. Online Services: Links to all agency online services and applications. Search Engine: Find it Fast! Translate the website to many languages Home Page

State Agencies Refund Class 70

The Class 70 State Agencies Refund covers tax-paid gasoline and special fuel purchased by Maryland state agencies from a vendor under contract with the Department of General Services and used in the operation of state vehicles. The fuel must be used only by the state agency.

To claim the refund, the claimant must submit the following completed forms, along with the appropriate invoices:

Form Description
COM/RAD 028 Refund Questionnaire (Use for initial claim only).
COM/RAD 061 Record of Motor Fuel Used (This form does not need to be completed if copies of the billing and driver reports are submitted for each month of the claim period).
706 Refund Claim Form (formerly GTD-106)
  Refund Document Checklist
  Commercial fuel purchase invoices (Do not submit the fleet summary).


Commercial Fuel Bulk Invoices: Enter on the Record of Motor Fuel Used –COM/RAD-061 the gallons used in each vehicle and other equipment. Be sure to label the blank columns by vehicle or type of equipment. The totals for each month are acceptable when filing the claim, but daily records must be available for audit purposes.

Commercial Fuel Site Purchases: It is not necessary to complete the Record of Motor Fuel Used form, if you submit a copy of the billing and driver report (detailed vehicle summary) for each commercial fuel site invoice.  If you are billed by vehicle, send the vehicle report.  Either of these reports shows how much fuel was used in each vehicle.

If any fuel purchased was not used by your agency, or is unaccountable, please deduct this from your refundable total and enter it in the nonrefundable column. Tax-paid fuel that is purchased and used off-road by your agency is also refundable.

Mail the completed and signed original forms and invoices to:

ANNAPOLIS MD 21411-0001

Links for Types of Fuel Tax Refunds
Business Tax Types
Motor Fuel Tax
Refund Information
Types of Fuel Tax Refunds
  Agricultural Refund
  Aviation Refund
  Claim Forms
  Commercial and Industrial Refund
  Commercial Boat Refund
  Domestic and Institutional Refund
  Exports Refund
  Government Refund
  Nonprofit Organization Refund
  Nonrefundable Situations
  Power Takeoff Refund
  Public Transportation Refund
  State Agencies Refund
  School Bus Refund
  Volunteer Fire Company Refund
Download for Adobe Reader Homepage