Comptroller of Maryland. Serving the People. Peter Franchot, Comptroller
Maryland Taxes
Maryland Taxes: Find all tax-related information and services. Maryland's Money: Resource for transparent financial reporting. Comptroller of Maryland: Information and resources for government agencies, state employees, vendors, and the general public. Media Services: Outlet for agency and Comptroller news. Online Services: Links to all agency online services and applications. Search Engine: Find it Fast! Translate the website to many languages Home Page

Filing Methods for Admissions and Amusement Taxes

There are two methods available for filing your admissions and amusement tax return – electronic and paper.

To file electronically, go to our free bFile web application and click on the link for “File Admissions and Amusement Tax Returns”. This will take you to the bServices site where you will need to login, or register if you are a new user. You will also need your Maryland Central Registration number to register and file admissions and amusement tax returns.

If you would like to file your return by paper and are a first-time filer, you must register your account with the Comptroller of Maryland by completing the Combined Registration Application (CRA). You can fill out a paper application or register your account online. After completing registration, a Maryland Central Registration number will be assigned and an admissions and amusement tax return will be mailed for filing before the due date, or an initial tax form can be obtained from bFile.

If you do not file your returns using the web application and choose to file by paper, subsequent returns will be pre-printed and mailed to you. If you need a pre-printed coupon, you can call Taxpayer Service at 410-260-7980 or 1-800-MDTAXES to request a blank coupon to file your return.

Links for Filing Methods
Business Tax Types
Admissions and Amusement Tax
Filing Information
Filing Methods
  Paper Filing
Download for Adobe Reader Homepage