Comptroller of Maryland. Serving the People. Peter Franchot, Comptroller
Maryland Taxes
Maryland Taxes: Find all tax-related information and services. Maryland's Money: Resource for transparent financial reporting. Comptroller of Maryland: Information and resources for government agencies, state employees, vendors, and the general public. Media Services: Outlet for agency and Comptroller news. Online Services: Links to all agency online services and applications. Search Engine: Find it Fast! Translate the website to many languages Home Page

Charter Forfeitures

To inquire about company charters forfeited at the request of the Comptroller for unpaid taxes, contact the Collection Section at (410) 767-1908. This information is not available to the public. You must be a legal representative of the company to receive information.

To make an inquiry, you must have the company's FEIN or Central Registration number. In order to revive a charter that was forfeited at the request of the Comptroller, you must obtain a clearance from the Compliance Division. Call (410) 767-1908 to clear up any outstanding issues and obtain a clearance. It will also be necessary to submit articles of revival with the Department of Assessments and Taxation.

Links for What Happens if I Dont Pay
Business Tax Compliance
What Happens if I Dont Pay
  Motor Vehicle License and Registration Nonrenewal
  Penalties, Interest and Late Charges
  Estimated Assessments
  Liquor License Renewals and Transfers
  Charter Forfeitures
  Tax Clearances
  Liability Offset Program
  Business and Professional License Hold
  Attach Your Assets
  File a Tax Lien
  External Collection Agency Referral
  Caught in the Web
  Other Collections Actions
Download for Adobe Reader Homepage